Turf 'n' Surf with Pesto Sauce Pasta Recipe
Three ingredients are all you need to whip up this speedy dessert from Vicki Vermillion of Carrollton, Texas. You can vary the recipe by using other fruit flavors.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 beef tenderloin steak (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 3/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium-high heat, cook steak in 1 tablespoon oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 2. In the same skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp for 1 minute on each side. Stir in the garlic, lemon juice and peel; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- 3. In a food processor, combine the parsley, basil, green onions, broth and remaining oil. Cover and process until blended. Drain fettuccine; toss with pesto sauce. Divide between two plates. Serve with beef and shrimp. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 543 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 177mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 41g protein.
Reviews for Turf 'n' Surf with Pesto Sauce Pasta
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC