- serving plate.
- Slice off the top 1/2 in of the cake; set aside. With a knife, cut a
- tunnel abut 1-1/2 in. deep in top of cake, leaving a 3/4-in. shell.
- Remove cake from tunnel and save for another use. Chop half of the
- strawberries; set aside. In a chilled large bowl, beat whipping
- cream until it begins to thicken. Gradually add the remaining sugar
- and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form. Combine 1-1/2 cups
- cream mixture and chopped berries.
- Fill the tunnel with strawberry mixture. Replace cake top. Frost cake
- with the remaining cream mixture. Refrigerate. Just before serving,
- cut the remaining strawberries in half and use to garnish the cake.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 527 calories, 30 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 174 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now