Tune-a-Piano Sandwiches Recipe
- 17 slices white bread
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Remove crusts from bread. Cut white bread into 1-in. strips. Cut pumpernickel bread into 1/2-in. strips, then cut each in half widthwise. In a bowl, combine tuna, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, cheese, onion, celery, dill, salt and pepper. Spread on half of the white bread strips; top with remaining strips. Place side by side on a 3-ft. covered board for "white keys" of keyboard. Spread the remaining mayonnaise on one side of each pumpernickel bread strip. Place over the white strips, mayonnaise side down, for "black keys". See illustration below for placement of keys, repeating patter as necessary until all bread strips are used. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 251 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.