Tune-a-Piano Sandwiches Recipe
Slices of pumpernickel and white bread are the key to creating the fun piano shape of these munchable ivories. A tempting tuna filling flecked with cheese is sure to tickle the taste buds.
- 17 slices white bread
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Remove crusts from bread. Cut white bread into 1-in. strips. Cut pumpernickel bread into 1/2-in. strips, then cut each in half widthwise. In a bowl, combine tuna, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, cheese, onion, celery, dill, salt and pepper. Spread on half of the white bread strips; top with remaining strips. Place side by side on a 3-ft. covered board for "white keys" of keyboard. Spread the remaining mayonnaise on one side of each pumpernickel bread strip. Place over the white strips, mayonnaise side down, for "black keys". See illustration below for placement of keys, repeating patter as necessary until all bread strips are used. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 251 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Tune-a-Piano Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC