Slices of pumpernickel and white bread are the key to creating the fun piano shape of these munchable ivories. A tempting tuna filling flecked with cheese is sure to tickle the taste buds.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 35 min.
- 17 slices white bread
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove crusts from bread. Cut white bread into 1-in. strips. Cut
- pumpernickel bread into 1/2-in. strips, then cut each in half
- widthwise. In a bowl, combine tuna, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, cheese,
- onion, celery, dill, salt and pepper. Spread on half of the white
- bread strips; top with remaining strips. Place side by side on a
- 3-ft. covered board for "white keys" of keyboard. Spread the
- remaining mayonnaise on one side of each pumpernickel bread strip.
- Place over the white strips, mayonnaise side down, for "black keys".
- See illustration below for placement of keys, repeating patter as
- necessary until all bread strips are used. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 251 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium,