Tune-a-Piano Sandwiches Recipe
- 17 slices white bread
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove crusts from bread. Cut white bread into 1-in. strips. Cut pumpernickel bread into 1/2-in. strips, then cut each in half widthwise. In a bowl, combine tuna, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, cheese, onion, celery, dill, salt and pepper. Spread on half of the white bread strips; top with remaining strips. Place side by side on a 3-ft. covered board for "white keys" of keyboard. Spread the remaining mayonnaise on one side of each pumpernickel bread strip. Place over the white strips, mayonnaise side down, for "black keys". See illustration below for placement of keys, repeating patter as necessary until all bread strips are used. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tune-a-Piano Sandwiches(2)
Sort By :
So adorable! What a keen idea! Whoever came up with this was one smart person! Have to try it sometime
This was so much fun to take to my daughter's piano recital many years ago. I do it each year, even though now she plays the flute. We are going to her adult recitals now.