- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pouch (6.4 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add tuna, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, zucchini, eggs, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper to onion mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties; coat with remaining bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Zucchini Cakes
"Doubled this recipe for the hungry males in the family! Did use Panko over regular bread crumbs because I think dudes gravitate toward crunchy offerings, IMHO. This recipe was easily and quickly prepared. Baked in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes as "boni1965" suggested below because I had our entree also baking at 400. Came out beautifully and tasty. My son said "This is a keeper!" What mom doesn't love to hear that?!"
"Very tasty! Needed almost double the amount of bread crumbs, but otherwise was a great meal."
"They turned out great! Even my anti vegetable 15 yr old loved them!"
"Will definitely make these again!"
"I am storing this recipe for this summer when zucchini is plentiful. Wondering how thiswould be with a can of crab instead of tuna for a low fat version of a crab cake."