- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pouch (6.4 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add tuna, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, zucchini, eggs, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper to onion mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties; coat with remaining bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Zucchini Cakes(26)
Sort By :
These are wonderful! I used Italian bread crumbs for more flavor. The last time I made them I added a 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar. My husband, who is a hates squash, ate two of them! Definitely will make again.
it definitely is missing some flavor- you have to doctor it up.
These were really good! After reading some of the reviews about them being bland, I added a little extra salt to the tuna & zucchini mixture, along with a little garlic powder and also a good sprinkle of seasoned salt to the bread crumbs I set aside for coating the cakes. All I had on hand was frozen zucchini, so I defrosted it in the fridge overnight and then drained the juice. I reserved the juice in case I needed some for the cakes, but the texture was perfect without it. They were easy to form into cakes and they cooked up really fast. Made a great lunch! My 3-year-old loved these too!
Ok. Flavor's a bit bland.
I Love this idea, I did some tweaking according to my taste. I used olive oil instead of butter. a touch of Cajun seasoning. And I did not put the bread crumbs on the out side to cover. I dont need the extra carbs. I really like this. And my son who does not care for tuna even ate it and said it was good.