Tuna Zucchini Cakes
Here's a great combination of seafood and garden vegetable! People seem to like its nice color and texture...not to mention the wonderful flavor!
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pouch (6.4 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion;
- cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add tuna, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, zucchini, eggs, parsley, lemon juice,
- salt and pepper to onion mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape
- into six 1/2-in.-thick patties; coat with remaining bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook 3
- minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through.
- Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 fish cakes equals 400 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 170 mg cholesterol, 1,261 mg sodium,