- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pouch (6.4 ounces) light tuna in water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat.
- Add tuna, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, zucchini, eggs, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper to onion mixture; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties; coat with remaining bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Zucchini Cakes
"I doubled the tuna and made 4 patties. They were great. These 5 oz. patties would make a great sandwich on a hamburger bun. (I ate a leftover that way for lunch the next day.)"
"My husband and I enjoyed this recipe, using suggestions from previous reviews. I used the white part of green onions, more salt & pepper, some garlic salt & 1/4 t. Herbes De Provence. I used 1/2 cup Garlic & Herb bread crumbs in the tuna mixture, but coated them in Panko for frying in olive oil. I made 4 patties. These even tasted good cold. I plan on trying this recipe as an appetizer, making small patties. Yummy!"
"wonderful recipe! I made a white sauce and added chopped chives from my yard to serve over the patties and mashed potatoes. Wow! What a wonderful meal."
"Doubled this recipe for the hungry males in the family! Did use Panko over regular bread crumbs because I think dudes gravitate toward crunchy offerings, IMHO. This recipe was easily and quickly prepared. Baked in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes as "boni1965" suggested below because I had our entree also baking at 400. Came out beautifully and tasty. My son said "This is a keeper!" What mom doesn't love to hear that?!"
"Very tasty! Needed almost double the amount of bread crumbs, but otherwise was a great meal."