Tuna Veggie Macaroni Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 5 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Add cheese and milk; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Stir in the vegetables, tuna and dill; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 414 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 871mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Tuna Veggie Macaroni
"It was okay, a little bland."
"Something about the cheese and tuna together was unappealing. I won't make this again though my boyfriend liked it."
"If done with mayo instead of cheese it can be shilled and used as Pasta Salad."
"Could this be chilled and used as a Pasta Salad?Jackie, Grams Nixon"
"I think she is referring to peas which would be a yummy addition."
"What is "sweet Pead"?"
"for a cold version (great for any cookout) Cook macaroni according to package directions and 3 minutes before done add a box of sweet pead: drain, cool and place in a large bowl. Dice 4 stalks of celery, add to the bowl. Flake the tuna and add to the bowl and mix everything well. In a small bowl mix 1 1/2cups mayo, 2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp celery salt, a few grinds of fresh pepper and mix well. Add to the pasta, mix well, check for seasonings and chill. Add another 1/2c mayo or enough to just coat the pasta before serving. We make this for every cookout and it always disappears - so simple and SO GOOD!!!"