Tuna Veggie Kabobs Recipe
- 2 pounds tuna steaks, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 3 medium green peppers, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place tuna in a large resealable plastic bag; place the vegetables in another large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Place half of the marinade in each bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread tuna and vegetables. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes for medium-rare or until fish is slightly pink in the center and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 kabobs.
1 kabob equals 253 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.