- 2 pounds tuna steaks, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 16 large fresh mushrooms
- 3 medium green peppers, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place tuna in a large resealable plastic bag; place the vegetables in another large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Place half of the marinade in each bag. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread tuna and vegetables. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes for medium-rare or until fish is slightly pink in the center and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 kabobs.
Originally published as Tuna Veggie Kabobs in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p43
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Veggie Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review