Tuna Tea Sandwiches
A friend brought tuna sandwiches to a picnic years ago. I never got the recipe from her, but these are close and just as delicious!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 4 slices multigrain bread, crusts removed
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise and lemon-pepper.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of goat cheese on each slice of bread. Spread
- two slices with tuna mixture; top with basil leaves and remaining
- bread. Cut in half or into desired shapes. Yield: 8 tea sandwiches.