Tuna Tabbouleh Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup bulgur
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 3/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pouch (2-1/2 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1. Place bulgur in a small bowl; stir in water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the tomato, cucumber, onion, lemon juice, parsley, oil, mint, salt and pepper. Drain bulgur and squeeze dry. Gently stir bulgur and tuna into tomato mixture. Chill until serving.
- 3. To serve, line a serving plate with lettuce leaf; top with tuna mixture. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving equals 384 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Tuna Tabbouleh Salad
"great healthy salad. I added a pinch of cumin and garlic"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.