“My mom discovered this easy recipe 30 years ago when she was a newlywed,” says Susan Burkett of Monroeville, Pennsylvania. “Now that my sister and I share a house, it’s a staple for us, too. We like them with baked beans and salad.”
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- Dash paprika
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; stir in 2/3 cup cheese. Spread over each muffin half; sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Cheese Melts in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p10
Reviews for Tuna Swiss Melt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review