Here's a real treat for tuna (and tomato) lovers! Try topping these broiled tomatoes with cheddar cheese for a different taste.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (6-1/8 ounces each) water-packed tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 4 medium fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- In a bowl, separate tuna into very small pieces. Add bread crumbs,
- onion, mustard, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning and egg; mix well.
- In a medium saucepan, cook mixture for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Set aside. Slice off 1/2 in. of each tomato top. Leaving a
- 1/4-in.-thick shell, scoop out pulp and discard. Spoon tuna mixture
- into shells and place in a baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese
- and brown lightly under broiler. Garnish with sour cream if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 238 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.