Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes for Two
"I created these broiled tomato halves one afternoon when I wanted a warm lunch," shares Renee McGowen from her home in Aurora, Colorado. The addition of chopped celery gives the tuna mixture a nice crunch.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large tomato
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cut tomato in half through the stem. Scoop out pulp, leaving a
- 1/2-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Fill tomato
- shells with tuna mixture; place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in.
- from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 187 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now