“This standby is always a good choice for a quick lunch," says Molly Seidel, Edgewood of New Mexico. “It’s quick, refreshing and satisfying.” Better still, it gets one more Easter egg off your hands!
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 whole dill pickle, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, pickle, mayonnaise, onion, mustard, salt and pepper. Gently stir in egg; spoon into tomato shells. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p52