“This standby is always a good choice for a quick lunch," says Molly Seidel, Edgewood of New Mexico. “It’s quick, refreshing and satisfying.” Better still, it gets one more Easter egg off your hands!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 whole dill pickle, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving
- a 1/2-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, pickle, mayonnaise, onion,
- mustard, salt and pepper. Gently stir in egg; spoon into tomato
- shells. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 399 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 152 mg cholesterol, 1,077 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.