Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
“This standby is always a good choice for a quick lunch," says Molly Seidel, Edgewood of New Mexico. “It’s quick, refreshing and satisfying.” Better still, it gets one more Easter egg off your hands!
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 whole dill pickle, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, pickle, mayonnaise, onion, mustard, salt and pepper. Gently stir in egg; spoon into tomato shells. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >