Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
"I created these broiled tomato halves one afternoon when I wanted a warm lunch," shares Renee McGowen from her home in Aurora, Colorado. The addition of chopped celery gives the tuna mixture a nice crunch.
- 1 large tomato
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Cut tomato in half through the stem. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Fill tomato shells with tuna mixture; place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p8
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review