Tuna-Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
Turn a baked potato into a light meal in minutes with this creamy and delicious tuna topping from Bobby Taylor in Michigan City, Indiana. Serve this tasty twist on twice-baked potatoes with a leafy green salad for a lovely, spur-of-the-minute lunch or late-night supper. MAKE IT EASY: For make-ahead convenience on busy weekdays, Bobby Taylor suggests you prepare the potatoes, wrap tightly in foil and refrigerate for up to two days. When needed, unwrap and place on a baking sheet in a preheated 350-degree oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 18-22 minutes or until tender, turning once. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp with salt and pepper. Stir in the tuna, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup cheese and onions. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuna-Stuffed Potatoes in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna-Stuffed Potatoes(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >