Deli tuna salad makes these stuffed mushrooms from Barbara Wassler of Williamsport, Pennsylvania a cinch to put together. Assembled in large portobello mushrooms, it’s a filling lunch or light supper.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 large portobello mushrooms (3 to 3-1/2 inches)
- 1 pound prepared tuna salad
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Place caps on a greased
- baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until
- tender. Stuff with tuna salad; top with cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes
- longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.