Tuna-Stuffed Jumbo Shells Recipe
- 10 jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- CREAMY CELERY DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Lettuce leaves and red onion rings, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and sugar. Stir in tuna, celery, onions, green pepper, carrot and parsley. Spoon into pasta shells; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. For the dressing, combine sour cream, sugar, vinegar, mayonnaise, celery seed and onion powder.
- 3. Arrange lettuce, onion rings and shells on a serving platter; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Tuna-Stuffed Jumbo Shells
"We have always made this without the shells and just placed the tuna on a bed of lettuce and served with club crackers. I'm not a tuna fan but this is a pleasant way to eat it. :) People are usually pleasantly surprised and ask for the recipe."
"I need to make this recipe for 50 people. Can I get help in knowing how much to buy of each item?Thanks"
"We really enjoy the stuffed shells. The dressing is the bomb. Thanks for sharing a delicious recipe."
"We have enjoyed this for many years. I frequently make this with canned salmon. The filling is also great with crackers for a party or appetizer buffet."
"This is one of our family favs. I have to omit the onions and peppers, so I bump up the carrots. Yum!"
"This is a family favorite and I make it at least once a month. My son doesn't like tuna so I have also make this with diced chicken for him."
"I have made this time and time again. I love it for a light lunch with friends. Delicious!"
"I have made this recipe several times, and everyone goes crazy. The dressing is absolutely amazing"
"One of my favorite recipes :] the tart sauce perfectly compliments the sweet stuffing"
"paired this with soup--BEST SOUP & SALAD MEAL EVER!! will make next time with alot less sugar. this was pretty to look at and fun to eat."
"Good and simple recipe for a light summer dinner or buffet luncheon. I lightened it up by using light sour cream and mayo and only used 2 teaspoons of sugar in the filling."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.