Tuna-Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 can (5 ounces) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- 3. In a small bowl, mash the pulp. Add the cottage cheese, tuna, celery, onion, 1/4 cup cheese, paprika, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
2 stuffed potato halves: 321 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 603mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Tuna-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
"It was easy to make and we like it. I got the go-ahead to make it again."
"Only Mom liked these. I think I could spice it up for next time. The family ate them but they weren't clambering for more."