"My family loves avocados, and this delicious salad is perfect on days you don't want to spend a lot of time cooking," writes Vicki Smith of Okeechobee, Florida. "Served with soup and bread it makes a tasty meal anytime."
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise until well
- blended. Add the onion, lemon juice, celery seed and pepper. Stir in
- the tuna. Cut avocados in half lengthwise; remove pits. Spoon tuna
- salad into avocado halves. Serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.