Tuna-Stuffed Avocados Recipe
"My family loves avocados, and this delicious salad is perfect on days you don't want to spend a lot of time cooking," writes Vicki Smith of Okeechobee, Florida. "Served with soup and bread it makes a tasty meal anytime."
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 3 medium ripe avocados
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and mayonnaise until well blended. Add the onion, lemon juice, celery seed and pepper. Stir in the tuna. Cut avocados in half lengthwise; remove pits. Spoon tuna salad into avocado halves. Serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Tuna-Stuffed Avocados in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna-Stuffed Avocados(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salads >
- Simple Quick Recipes >