Tuna Steaks with Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled mango
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1. For salsa, in a bowl, combine the carrots, mango, lime juice, chives, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, coriander and cumin; set aside. Sprinkle tuna steaks with remaining salt and pepper.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (6 ounces) equals 81 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.