Tuna Steaks with Salsa
Harriet Stichter of Milford, Indiana relates, "Fish is often served with salsa in restaurants. Why not try it at home? Mango and carrots make this salsa unique."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled mango
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- For salsa, in a bowl, combine the carrots, mango, lime juice, chives,
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, coriander and cumin; set
- aside. Sprinkle tuna steaks with remaining salt and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until
- medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Serve with salsa.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 81 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.