- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound tuna steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup cut fresh thin asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 3 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon shallots, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add tuna steaks. Seal and turn to coat; marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, combine the vinegar, mustard, sugar, and remaining shallots, salt and pepper in a small bowl; slowly whisk in remaining oil. Set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet, cook tuna over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- On individual salad plates, arrange the greens, asparagus and tomatoes. Cut tuna into bite-size pieces; add to salads. Drizzle salads with dressing. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dressed-Up Tuna Salad in Country Woman April/May 2008, p32
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Steak Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review