Tuna Spinach Braid Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) tuna, well drained and flaked
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese, well drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 slices (3 ounces) mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a small bowl, combine spinach, tuna, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic; set aside.
- 2. Unroll crescent roll dough onto waxed paper; do not separate dough. Press to seal seams and perforations. Cover with another piece of waxed paper. Roll dough to form a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle.
- 3. Transfer dough to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan, discarding waxed paper. Spread filling down center of dough lengthwise in a 3-1/2-in. strip. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- 4. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips almost to edge of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; pinch ends to seal. Combine egg with water and brush over top. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10-12 appetizer or 4-6 main dish servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 191 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 465 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.