- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients until well mixed. Shape into a ball; roll in parsley. Chill. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Tuna Snack Spread
"This was the first time I prepared this recipe! I used a 5-oz. can of water-packed bumble-Bee tunafish, drained well and flaked. I also adjusted the recipe by adding 2 tsp. dried minced chives, 1 small onion, diced, & 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper. I kept the cream cheese amount the same and just used 2 tsp. lemon juice (bottled). The onion salt I kept as is! Instead of parsley, I used 3/4 cup chopped nuts (pecans), DIVIDED: I added 1/2 cup to the cheese spread and sprinkled the top of the ball with 1/4 cup chopped nuts. I did notice that this spread is quick sticky! I had to put the spread in a Cool Whip bowl and shape it into a ball with a large spoon and then smooth it with a knife! I covered the container and am chilling this spread until firm! I'm sharing it with my Mom! It is a tasty spread! And it DEFINITELY comes in very handy for a sandwich -type spread!Thank you for sharing this recipe, Denise Goedeken! It was appetizer recipe challenge this week on "Cook's Corner"! This is one of the recipes I tried! delowenstein"
"This seemed to be bland. I will not make it again."
"This recipe is always a hit! And, easy to boot! Have been using it for years and no one ever guesses that there's tuna in it."