Tuna Shell Salad Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a salad bowl, combine the pasta, tuna, onion and carrot. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup equals 234 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Tuna Shell Salad
"I've been looking for a delicious, quick-to-make, tuna salad that my whole family would eat. This is it! The only thing I added was 3 Tbsp. of sweet pickle relish to the dressing. I used to add cubed cheese to tuna salads, but didn't this time, & my family was very happy. This is definitely a keeper!"
"The dill makes it special, Use plenty"
"This is a really good salad. I served it with the Broccoli Cheese Crepes in the same issue."
"I have made it again and again."
"I made this yesterday, and ate it for lunch today, and it was wonderful. I followed this exactly using Hellman's lower fat mayo and skim milk as directed, but I added one stalk of chopped celery and about 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley for color. Delicious."