Tuna Shell Salad Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a salad bowl, combine the pasta, tuna, onion and carrot. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup equals 234 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch.