Tuna Shell Salad Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a salad bowl, combine the pasta, tuna, onion and carrot. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Shell Salad
Sort By :
I've been looking for a delicious, quick-to-make, tuna salad that my whole family would eat. This is it! The only thing I added was 3 Tbsp. of sweet pickle relish to the dressing. I used to add cubed cheese to tuna salads, but didn't this time, & my family was very happy. This is definitely a keeper!
The dill makes it special, Use plenty
This is a really good salad. I served it with the Broccoli Cheese Crepes in the same issue.
I have made it again and again.
I made this yesterday, and ate it for lunch today, and it was wonderful. I followed this exactly using Hellman's lower fat mayo and skim milk as directed, but I added one stalk of chopped celery and about 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley for color. Delicious.