Instead of plain tuna salad sandwiches, I fix this creamy tuna mixture, which includes crunchy apples. Then I put it on a crisp English muffin half with triangle tortilla chips sticking out to look like the sails of a ship.Judy Archuleta, Escalon, California
2-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, apple, mayonnaise and salt. Place
- lettuce on muffin halves; top with tuna mixture. Place tortilla
- chips in tuna mixture to resemble sails. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 273 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.