Tuna Salad Sandwich
I gave Mom's original recipe a boost by adding onion and green pepper to these delightfully different tuna sandwiches. With hard-cooked eggs and cheese, the filling tastes fresh, not fishy, and the rolls stay nice and crispy.
-Nancy Selig, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- In a bowl, combine eggs and tuna. Add the cheese, green pepper,
- onion, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir in the Miracle Whip.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup onto each roll; wrap individually in heavy-duty
- foil. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 507 calories, 33 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 190 mg cholesterol, 834 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.