I gave Mom's original recipe a boost by adding onion and green pepper to these delightfully different tuna sandwiches. With hard-cooked eggs and cheese, the filling tastes fresh, not fishy, and the rolls stay nice and crispy. -Nancy Selig, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- In a bowl, combine eggs and tuna. Add the cheese, green pepper, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; mix well. Stir in the Miracle Whip.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup onto each roll; wrap individually in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Burgers in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p29
Reviews for Tuna Salad Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review