Tuna Salad Pepper Cups
I came up with this recipe on a hot summer day when I didn't feel like cooking. I frequently make it when friends come for lunch, and they all love it. Stuffed into a pretty pepper half, the fresh-tasting tuna mixture gets crunch from cucumber and green onions. It's priced right at 87¢ a serving.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 large green peppers
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- Cut green peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. In
- a bowl, combine tuna, cucumber, onions, mayonnaise and relish. Spoon
- into pepper cups. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 305 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.