Tuna Salad in Tomato Cups Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash white pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; chill.
- 2. Line two serving plates with lettuce. Cut tomatoes, but not all the way through, into six wedges; place on lettuce and separate wedges slightly.
- 3. Gently stir chow mein noodles into tuna salad; spoon into the center of each tomato. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 423 calories, 31g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Tuna Salad in Tomato Cups
"This was good, but not the best tuna salad I've made. I do love the presentation and will be making this again with adaptations."
"Delish. Made it for a friend who is recovering from a fall. You can use the lite mayo to help reduce calories . Make it but be sure and buy the Dolphin Free tuna."