Tuna Salad in Tomato Cups Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash white pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; chill.
- 2. Line two serving plates with lettuce. Cut tomatoes, but not all the way through, into six wedges; place on lettuce and separate wedges slightly.
- 3. Gently stir chow mein noodles into tuna salad; spoon into the center of each tomato. Yield: 2 servings.
1 tomato cup equals 423 calories, 31 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.