Tuna Salad in Tomato Cups
Make your tuna salad stand out with this fun and simple treatment. The Asian flavors jazz it up, while red tomato adds a pop of color. Edie Farm - Farmington, New Mexico
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash white pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; chill.
- Line two serving plates with lettuce. Cut tomatoes, but not all the
- way through, into six wedges; place on lettuce and separate wedges
- Gently stir chow mein noodles into tuna salad; spoon into the center
- of each tomato. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tomato cup equals 423 calories, 31 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.