Tuna Salad in Tomato Cups Recipe
Make your tuna salad stand out with this fun and simple treatment. The Asian flavors jazz it up, while red tomato adds a pop of color. Edie Farm - Farmington, New Mexico
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash white pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chow mein noodles
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; chill.
- Line two serving plates with lettuce. Cut tomatoes, but not all the way through, into six wedges; place on lettuce and separate wedges slightly.
- Gently stir chow mein noodles into tuna salad; spoon into the center of each tomato. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Salad in Tomato Cups in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p45
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Salad in Tomato Cups(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review