Tuna Salad for Two Recipe
This time, Tuna Salad for Two comes from Sharon Balzer of Phoenix, Arizona. "We have long, hot summers here in the dessert Southwest, so I try to get creative with salads and come up with cool dinners for my husband Roger, and me," explains Sharon. "I've been serving this tasty, refreshing dish for at least 5 years. We think it's simply scrumptious!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 cups torn lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups cooked spiral pasta
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup julienned provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. On two salad plates, arrange the first 10 ingredients in order listed. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salads and serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC