Tuna Rice Salad
Most of my recipesincluding this onewere developed from my experiments with leftovers. This salad is also delicious prepared with leftover chicken or turkey instead of tuna.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, sliced
- Pimiento-stuffed olives and lemon wedges, optional
- Place rice in a medium bowl. Combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper;
- pour over rice and toss to coat. Stir in the tuna, tomatoes,
- cucumber and onion. Line a serving platter with lettuce; top with
- salad. Garnish with eggs, olives and lemon if desired. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 256 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.