Tuna Puff Sandwiches Recipe
My husband and I can’t get enough of this great supper sandwich. The cheese-covered tomato slices top off the mild tuna salad deliciously. Sometimes, I replace the tuna with canned salmon, ham, chicken or turkey. How could something so good be so easy?
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (6.4 ounces) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices tomato
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise, green pepper, onion, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; stir in tuna. Spread over each bun half; top each with a tomato slice. Arrange sandwiches on a baking sheet.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the cheese and remaining mayonnaise; spoon cheese mixture over tomato. Bake at 400° for 11-13 minutes or until topping is puffy and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 509 calories, 42g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 663mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Tuna Puff Sandwiches
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC