Tuna Puff Sandwiches
My husband and I can’t get enough of this great supper sandwich. The cheese-covered tomato slices top off the mild tuna salad deliciously. Sometimes, I replace the tuna with canned salmon, ham, chicken or turkey. How could something so good be so easy?
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pouch (7.1 ounces) tuna
- 3 hamburger buns, split
- 6 slices tomato
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise, green pepper, onion,
- mustard and Worcestershire sauce; stir in tuna. Spread over each bun
- half; top each with a tomato slice. Arrange sandwiches on a baking
- In another bowl, combine the cheese and remaining mayonnaise; spoon
- cheese mixture over tomato. Bake at 400° for 11-13 minutes or
- until topping is puffy and golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.