- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (6.4 ounces) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices tomato
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise, green pepper, onion, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; stir in tuna. Spread over each bun half; top each with a tomato slice. Arrange sandwiches on a baking sheet.
- In another bowl, combine the cheese and remaining mayonnaise; spoon cheese mixture over tomato. Bake at 400° for 11-13 minutes or until topping is puffy and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Puff Sandwiches in Country Woman July/August 2005, p31
Reviews for Tuna Puff Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 4, 2010
"This was pretty good. Beats your everyday tuna fish sandwich. It really dresses it up. Flavor was terrific. I did slap a bun on top, it looked pretty but we wanted it like a sandwich."