- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (6.4 ounces) albacore white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices tomato
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise, green pepper, onion, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; stir in tuna. Spread over each bun half; top each with a tomato slice. Arrange sandwiches on a baking sheet.
- In another bowl, combine the cheese and remaining mayonnaise; spoon cheese mixture over tomato. Bake at 400° for 11-13 minutes or until topping is puffy and golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuna Puff Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This was pretty good. Beats your everyday tuna fish sandwich. It really dresses it up. Flavor was terrific. I did slap a bun on top, it looked pretty but we wanted it like a sandwich."