Tuna Potato Supper
"Tuna lovers will find this a real treat," assures Rosella Peters of Gull Lake, Saskatchewan. "My husband and I enjoy it as a nice change from the ordinary baked potato. Along with a salad it makes a simple lunch or dinner."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 celery rib with leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup creamy cucumber salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until tender,
- turning once. Cool slightly. Cut a thin slice off the top of each
- potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a bowl, mash the pulp. Stir in the tuna, celery, onion, salad
- dressing, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed potato equals 598 calories, 25 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 866 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of