Tuna Potato Supper Recipe
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 celery rib with leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup creamy cucumber salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until tender, turning once. Cool slightly. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- 2. In a bowl, mash the pulp. Stir in the tuna, celery, onion, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 598 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 866mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Tuna Potato Supper
"I made these with leftover filling from the Salmon Quesadillas (http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Salmon-Quesadillas)......substituted sour cream and a little salsa, for the salad dressing.......Very tasty!"
"I loved this recipe, I think the next time I make it, I'm going to try adding corn to it, needs more color. But very delicious."
"I only had 2 cans of Tuna and a lot of potatoes *LOL* needed something for dinner for the 4 of us. This recipe fit the bill. Thank you so much. I did not have the Creamy Cucumber salad Dressing but I did have Ranch.. OH WOW that was great. My kids loved it but the hubby well, he liked it but wasn't crazy about it. But that's fine.. The kids and I liked it very very much !! *LOL*"