Tuna Potato Supper Recipe
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 celery rib with leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup creamy cucumber salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until tender, turning once. Cool slightly. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- 2. In a bowl, mash the pulp. Stir in the tuna, celery, onion, salad dressing, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 stuffed potato equals 598 calories, 25 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 866 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Tuna Potato Supper
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.