Tuna Patty Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Tomato slices and lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the tuna, egg, bread crumbs, onion, celery, red pepper, mayonnaise, chili sauce and seasonings; mix well. Shape into four patties (mixture will be soft).
- 2. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; fry patties for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve on buns with tomato and lettuce if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 363 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 962 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.