"My family likes anything involving stuffing mix, so these tuna burgers are a popular request," relates Sonya Sherrill. The Sioux City, Iowa cook needs only minutes to form the moist patties, brown them in a skillet and mix up the swift sauce she serves on the side.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 3/4 cup milk, divided
- 2 cups stuffing mix
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, a third of the soup and 1/4 cup
- milk. Stir in stuffing mix and tuna. Shape into eight patties.
- In a large skillet, brown patties in butter for 3-4 minutes on each
- side or until heated through. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat
- remaining soup and milk. Serve with patties. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 386 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 1,444 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.