Tuna Pasta Salad
Mustard and dill really add wonderful flair to the flavor of this simple salad. It's really very inexpensive to serve.—Pat Kordas, Nutley, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, tuna, carrot and onion.
- Combine remaining ingredients; whisk until smooth. Pour over pasta
- mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 551 calories, 35 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 709 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.