Tuna Noodle Supreme
"This tangy tuna bake is well received at potluck suppers," relates Ellen Proctor of Great Barrington, Massachusetts. "I've made it with light sour cream and reduced-fat mayonnaise with equally good results. At home, I serve it with a salad and rolls for a quick dinner."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cooked small pasta shells
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir until
- smooth. Stir in the pasta, broccoli, tuna, red pepper and onions.
- transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 469 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 522 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.