Tuna Noodle Main Dish
My husband's on a restricted diet, so I often make two single-serving dishes—one for him and one for me. I received this recipe from my aunt many years ago, and it's still one of my favorites today.—Peggy Burdick, Burlington, Michigan
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (3-1/4 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons diced pimientos
- 1 cup hot cooked egg noodles
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in
- flour until blended; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in
- milk. Add the bouillon, salt if desired and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in the tuna,
- peas and pimientos; heat through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without salt) equals 705 calories, 32 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 1,832 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as