Tuna Noodle Hot Dish
This is an old recipe that I tweaked to suit my family's tastes. I like to serve it with breadsticks and a veggie tray.—Sheila Sjolund, Deer River, Minnesota
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl,
- combine the soup, sour cream and milk. Stir in the noodles, tuna,
- cheese, onion, pimientos and olives.
- Pour into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with potato chips and
- paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 414 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 742 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.